I sadly agree with you.
It saddens me even more to see that some 3D work environments
(no name) haven’t realized that the new generations of artificial intelligence make uncompetitive these 3d environments, now not only outdated but useless .
In short, a 3D setup I bought for a fortune last year is now worthless, but the same manufacturer or distributor (no name) doesn’t realize that keeping prices so high will only hasten its now inevitable commercial failure.
The level of emotional denial, about the emergence of this paradigm shifting technology is astounding to witness in many of the traditional 3D communities.
Much credit to Reallusion for at least trying to leverage and implement this new technology.
I posted this video
( that I made in under an hour, start to finish.), in the forums over at Renderhub.com where I used to be very active as a vendor selling animation products for the Daz Genesis figures before I retired.
These are original character Designs from my current graphic novel project, imagined as Daz genesis figures by Grok AI
Many of the Daz enthusiasts and sellers of secondary Genesis content literally called this video “Evil."
One woman over there
Literally told me that I would “never know what it is was like to wake up and feel and be a human.”
meanwhile her only commercial “products” are pre-teen girl Character morphs for the Daz genesis figures
and 98 percent of the Anti AI daz users
just buy and render pre-made Daz content
but call us “Evil” for using a different (much more versatile) AI software to create our images and animation.
So bizzare.
Which is kind of funny because DAZ and its users embraced NFTs for a while (I don’t know where that went), which I wouldn’t call “evil” but certainly vaporware.
I started this thread to report on my own AI journey and the contributions by others makes this even more fun. I wake up everyday and I haven’t heard my wife complain yet that I lost my humanity. She actually likes my work so that’s gratifying.
I stay out of AI discussions mostly, because it seems a waste of time.
It truly is a waste thats why started my own strictly moderated, private Facebook group for people using AI to Make Comics and Graphic Novels.
What I do find particularly sad ,in the “traditional 3D/CG communities, are people like the guy who posted this.
He clearly is interested in experimenting and having his own" foray into AI. "
Yet he is so terrified of the anti-AI activists, in the Daz community ,that He’s literally begging strangers on the internet for some sort of special exception waiver to use AI to enhance his own , Daz studio content, Iray renders.
I have a lot of empathy for people who have lost their jobs because of AI, and for anyone else who has been negatively affected by these changes.
But saying it’s a bad or outright evil thing that small creators have tools to realize their vision - without a big budget or having to distort their vision to big studio executives - is absurd to me. How is this a bad thing? Should small creators reject every new tool and fall even further behind big studios, which will use these tools anyway no matter what small artists do?
I am more than certain that the majority of the people who buy Daz prefabricated models and figures make still renders and post them in online galleries are not making a full-time living doing so.
How can they be?
Just go and have a look at any Daz gallery.
No one was paying them for this stuff ,even before the age of AI.
Why does a Daz content “artist”, Who doesn’t even actually draw or paint anything ,Think they are somehow making some special contribution to culture and society by regurgitating the same mass-produced models from the Daz content store as everybody else who shops there?
And honestly not to brag, but at least. I actually know how to create my own original models and rig them for animation.
Yet the moment I dared touch, this forbidden technology, All of my past accomplishments instantly become nullified, in the eyes of the so-called “artists” for I have become an agent of “evil.”
I’ve seen videos posted by professional children’s book illustrators who have stated that their clients have told them outright , that they’re using AI from now on and while I do have some sympathy for such talented, people , I am old enough to remember when there was no such thing as digital photography.
Being a chemical engineer at Eastman Kodak was solid and viable career for decades.
Yet I can guarantee you that the majority of these angry people calling my AI animations " evil," are probably a walking around with a 4K digital video camera.
( In their phones.) Without a single thought about What happened to those hard-working former chemical engineers at Eastman Kodak.
Sorry for the rant Job
.Here are all the final cover candidates for my current AI generated graphic novel which is looking to finish out at about eighty pages
I have been working on recreating my past. When I was about 16 (60 years ago), there was a hangout for young people called “Oidipoes”, a bit later renamed “Lambiek”. This was in Zeist, the Netherlands, a stuffy town at the time (still is, probably).
There are very few photos of the building where we met. I don’t have any myself, but I found a few on a Facebook page dedicated to historical photos.
One is of the street itself, probably from the 1920s or earlier. It shows shops that didn’t exist in the sixties:
The building highlighted in yellow was a cafe at the time. A more recent photo is this one:
It shows the place being cleaned up (I think). Thanks to Photoshop and AI, I could recreate a front-facing photo (colored it as well):
I also found a drawing I made of the inside, which showed a small stage, as there were performances:
I then remembered that there had been a newspaper article, which I had in my archives, about the reopening of the place:
My head is visible in the lower left corner.
I was interested to see if I could revive the image. I found a Photoshop method to suppress the dots, which gives you a blurry photo. Then I asked Nano Banana Pro to clean it up and also colorize it. The final result is here:
I’m quite pleased with this result and it also confirmed the size of the stage. Buildings of this kind are quite narrow, but are usually long. I had to guess from memory but I think i got the dimensions fairly close.
The purpose of finding these references was to create a 3D model of the place from there AI interpretations. I took some creative license with the model placed in the street as it is adjacent to shops, which wasn’t the case in the sixties. Anyway here is the building from the outside:
Here is an example of an AI render (NB2):
Sometimes the result is not quite what you want, but it is easy to transfer people from one render to another.
I then asked the AI to create a render as if it were 2067, so I added the year and cyberpunk to the prompt, which works pretty well:
This is just to show that there is so much that can be done with AI.
Been getting alot of hate lately by the Daz studio users over at renderhub.com
So much progress has been made with AI production.
Introducing Grok’s new “Agent mode”.
I think this method will eventually supplant node based “comfyUI types of workflows.
For me its all about immersion and escapism without the friction that tradition 3DCC tools force you to endure and the freedom to visualize and share your fictional worlds.
And coming soon Grok will have a full on video editor with audio tool and inline AI video generation, so RIP “capcut”
I have been quiet a bit lately, so thanks for keeping this thread active. There will certainly be a shift in workflows and with that probably more hostility!
does exists any .json workflow (Video + Preview) for LTX 2.3 to using with AiRender plugin?
As I’m traveling I have not been able to try out AI Studio. I mentioned in the dedicated thread the importance of character references for video generation, but that was dismissed as not working. Without knowing the specific AI model, it is hard to say much more. It did work for me, otherwise I would not have mentioned it.
My concern is that the AI Studio interface tries to simplify too much and does not provide all reference options that a specific model has available.
For character references, Kling 3.0 provides an option to add a character reference, which needs to consist of multiple images of the same character. Only 3 character references can be added, so that is a limitation.
I’m back from my trip so I will be looking a bit into AI Studio. I was in LA because my film Khentopia was shown at a film festival. The 3-day event also included several panels and in almost all of them AI was discussed in one way or the other. So, it’s an important topic. The sole speaker in a one-man panel fully embraced AI and sees it as essential to master.
Thank you all for a great and informative chat… i came here as ive made a series and im ready to render in omniverse but I also want to check if its worth exploring some of these new iclone AI renderering tools… ~I like the idea of using it for render styles like 2d cartoon or 3d disney style but i worrk my locvely creation will look AI and too perfect and undervalued. i think im in the worong thread but will find it soon… i just want to leant how these new tools work and the costs etc… then decide to render how I planned to originally or not.
Welcome! There is now a specific section for AI Studio, but feel free to post here as well.
If you look at the work of @AutoDidact in this tread, you can see that he has created a cartoon using AI and he is very pleased with the results.
I have been experimenting for about six months and it takes time to learn all the ins and outs.
We now have AI Studio and a new Headshot 3 version, so in order to keep this thread going I played a bit with it.
My inspiration today is an oil painting of a young woman. The work is Russian and from the 19th century. We don’t know the name of the woman but I’ll call her “Aleksandra” (“Александра”).
The first step is to improve the image with Nano Banana:
Next, I cropped out the head and straighted it with Nano Banana:
We now have something to be used in Headshot 3. I generated the character, and then used her in a scene I created in iClone that mimics the style of the painting:
I tried to find clothing in my inventory that fits the style and the time period, and I think it turned out well.
Finally, I used AI Studio to turn this into an oil painting:
The model I used is Flux2 Max, with the prompt: [idea: Renaissance Vibe] [style: Oil Painting] Render as portrait of young woman around 1870. Atmospheric and subtle lighting. Keep scene layout as in reference image.


















