I chose UDIM as the output for the textures, but instead I get this files with generic names not conforming to the UDIM naming rules. In my app the UV’s are correct, but all this is doing is assigning a material per texture… not a UDIM texture set.
I end up spending time to correctly rename everything to the UDIM naming method, but it would be nice to have this spit out textures properly.
Thank you for the reply. But it doesn’t even follow the UDIM naming that Substance Painter looks for. I can’t even import the textures as-is. I have to manually rename them.
It exports “Std_Skin_Head_1001_diffuse.jpg”, when it should be “Std_Skin_Head_diffuse.1001.jpg”
If that aspect was fixed, it would work with everything.
I agree with this. Whenever I export a character from Character Creator as an FBX, even though I set it to export the textures in an UDIM format, the filenames are not in the industry UDIM standard <filename.####.filetype>
Unfortunately the version of UDIM we use is a proprietary version not an “industry standard” version. However as I mentioned in my previous reply, more comprehensive UDIM support will be considered for future upgrades.