πŸ“’ Welcome to the General Discussion Subcategory!

This section is for all general discussions, questions, and tips related to Character Creator. To keep things organized, please follow these simple guidelines:


:card_index_dividers: Topic Tags:

  • [Ask] β€” Use this tag if you have a question related to character creation.
  • [Tips] β€” Share your tips, techniques, or best practices here!
  • [Info] β€” Post useful information, guides, or updates for the community.

:no_entry_sign: Not for This Subcategory:

  • Please avoid posting about plugins or bugs here. For these topics, head over to the Plugins or Bug Reports subcategories.
  • For discussions related to pipelines (e.g., Blender, ZBrush, Unreal Engine), please use the Pipeline category.

:art: Want to Share Your Work?

  • If you’re looking to showcase your character creations or projects, please head over to the Showcase Yourself category. We’d love to see your work!

:rotating_light: Community Rules:

  • Keep discussions respectful and constructive. Insults or disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated and may result in a ban.
  • Let’s keep this space positive and helpful for everyone to learn and share!

Hello,
I am interested in trying Character Creator before purchasing. I read the minimum requirements section for CC5 and am wondering if it may be possible to run CC5 on my current PC. The 2 specs where I don’t match or exceed the requirements are the processor: minimum listed is a Intel 7th Gen Core i5 Processor. I have a 4th generation Intel Core i7 - 4790 3.6 GHz processor. The minimum graphics card requirement listed is 8GB VRAM

  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 10 Series. I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 with 6GB VRAM. I have adequate RAM and storage. Is there any chance that I could get CC5 to run with my PC’s specs?
  • Thank you
  • Jon S.

Hi Jon

Character Creator may run but you will likely need to lower your graphics settings a little to get acceptable performance. You can do this Preferences (CTRL+P). Check settings like β€œMax Texture Size” and lower this to something like 2048 x 2048 and then try the Medium Graphics Pre-set and see how it runs.

Really though the only way to be sure will be to download the trial version of CC5 and see how it runs on your system.

Please Note: Making sure your system updates and graphic drivers are all up to date is important to getting CC5 to run.