UE 5.8.3 ActorGroup sequences baked to sequencers causing engine to briefly freeze when looping (when set to indefinite loop)

I have several ActorGroup actors baked to sequencers in Unreal 5.8.3. I have those sequencers ‘Auto Loop’ option and ‘indefinite loop’ looping options enabled. While using the play mode in the UE editor, the entire map briefly ‘freezes’ (user input and all animations) at the start of each loop (at the exact same interval) which wasn’t happening in UE 5.6.1.

To test this, in UE’s outliner, I disabled the ‘Auto Play’ option for every ActorGroup sequence in the map and viola- the freezing stopped completely.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Are there any updates? I’ve tried implementing the play and looping functionality through blueprints (see attached image) - and yet the freezing persists; it doesn’t happen in UE 5.6.1. I also opened a ticket # 12701 in the feedback tracker:

Hi Freshness34,

Is auto loop playback enabled in Unreal Engine? From what you’ve described, this may be related to Unreal’s playback settings rather than the character itself. Could you also post your question on the Epic Games forum so their team can take a closer look?

Thank you!

When you place the sequence into the map, the Auto Play along with the Loop options are available in the Details panel for that sequence object.

I did post to their “Issues and Bug Reporting” forum at UE 5.8.3 - Auto Play, looping (indefinite) sequences causing editor, PIE and standalone sessions to briefly freeze entire game at regular intervals - General / Issues and Bug Reporting (Unreal Engine) - Epic Developer Community Forums