Transfering characters/animation from iclone to unreal, character blinking doesn't transfer?

Hi, i’m using the unreal livelink to transfer my character/animations into unreal engine 5.6 but for some reason the character blinking doesn’t transfer over with the other animations. Everything else seems to transfer fine, (body movements, eye movements, acculips lip movements) but blinking does not. Any idea what is happening and how to fix this?

Thanks!

Do you have any related files or videos you could share for reference?
I’m guessing it might be an issue with the character — I tried using Kevin and Camila, but I couldn’t reproduce the problem.

Hi, it seems the issue was specifically for the auto blinking inside of face puppet, it seems to work fine inside of iclone, but doesn’t transfer into unreal. I guess it has something to do with the autoblinking not actually keying the blinks, not sure. I just ended up manually doing all my blinking. Not super ideal, but it worked for now

Have you updated to the latest Unreal Live Link v1.35 (1.35.4010.1), released on July 9th, 2025? if not, which version are you using?
This version includes more complete support for Unreal Engine 5.6.

I just want to confirm — is the situation shown in my recorded video what you’re trying to achieve with Live Link?

(For reference, I only used Auto Blink in this recording.)

Auto-blinking inside iClone is not recorded along with expressions at the timeline. It’s an internal iClone feature and is not exportable. So you’d have turn it off to prevent confusion and continue using Face Puppet to record blinking manually (as Blend layer) unfortunately.

Thanks all, yea i did some digging and I reached the same conclusion, not the end of the world to do the blinks manually, hopefully they do make them exportable at some point though, Thanks!