The subfolder name already exists, please change to another name

Im getting an error “The subfolder name already exists, please change to another name”

This is happing when attemtping to sync the smart content. I have moved my content library to a second internal hard drive. Since, I have never been able to get the content manager functioning as it was when using the C drive. The library is way too large to store on the C drive.

I uninstalled CC4 and then re installed. During the instalation I specified to use the C drive for program files and the other drive for content. Now when attemting to sync the smart content manager Im getting this error.

Its just not clear enough. Like, which subfolder name?

How can I store the library on a different hard drive?

After a second instal I specified an empty folder rather than the folder that already had the library in it. Then after instalation but before opening CC4 for the first time, I deleted the custom folder and pasted the old library in its place. Seems to be working now.

Thanks for letting us know you have resolved the problem. This will help others encountering the same problem. :slightly_smiling_face:

I am having a similar problem and need to be able to identify which subfolder name iclone and CC4 are referring. Can anyone point to a log file with that detail in. Just stating ‘The subfolder name already exists, please change to another name’ is lacking adequate guidance.

Following PC issues, I have needed to uninstall and reinstall iClone, CC and Cartoon Animator several times, with no way to resolve this 'success in restoring Custom due to this blind statement ‘The subfolder name already exists, please change to another name’ .

Hi peteroffice,

To help us investigate, could you please record a video showing the issue and the steps you took before it occurred, including whether you clicked anything or created a folder? Please also provide us with a zip file of the CMS folder from your C:\ProgramData\Reallusion\CMS path

Please send your files to winnerhung@reallusion.com or share a cloud drive link with us.

Thanks!