Question About License Deactivation and Activation Limits for CC4

I have purchased Character Creator 4 (CC4) and have already installed it on my computer.
I understand that I can install CC4 on up to two computers with one license, but that it cannot be used on both at the same time.

I would like to confirm the following:

  1. If I deactivate the license on one computer, is it possible to activate and install CC4 on a third computer instead?
  2. Is there any limit to how many times I can deactivate and reactivate CC4 on different computers?

I want to make sure I manage my license properly when changing or upgrading computers.
Thank you for your support.

Hi…

Deactivating through your account Registration page has a limit of 10 deactivations.

However, the best way to deactivate is to simply uninstall from the unwanted computer while you are connected to the internet. This frees up the license for a new install plus it doesn’t affect your deactivation number.

1 Like

Thank you!!
Does Uninstalling it count as inactivity?

Hi,

Just wondering, does this online deactivation count ever reset?
Like maybe at the start of a new year or something?

@Sononeo

Each new version starts with a full deactivation count, but older versions do not automatically reset unless it is done manually by Support.

However, as I mentioned in my previous post in this thread, if you uninstall the software while connected to the internet, your deactivation count will not reduce. For most people you will be unlikely to use all deactivations during the lifetime of a particular version.

Ok, thanks for the response.

Thought to ask as I had to use it due to an issue happening on Windows where I had to do a full reinstall, due to errors trying to get to desktop.

As a result I couldn’t do an uninstall while connected to the internet.
Considering it’s happened once, just a bit worried it could happen again and next thing the remaining count is low.
Especially considering Windows issues recently.

So it seems like an odd limitation to have, was hoping maybe it’d auto-reset as a bit of an assurance just in case.

If I’m not mistaken you can always contact RL Support to explain the situation and ask them to reset the count if needed.

Yeah if that option is available, then it’s not so much of a concern.
Do wonder what they would ask and the success rate of a reset if needed.

But should hope that would never come to pass.