Motion Director - why the push for the cigarette and lighter?

Not sure if RL has some sort of deal with the tobacco companies, but my characters aren’t chain smokers! so why do they keep ending up with a smoke and lighter in their hands ?(plus mirror and phone), every time I start using the character in Motion Director ? It’s really annoying. I delete the unwanted props, go back in to MD and they are back again.

Is there an option to disable this automatic prop thing from MD ? Maybe I’m missing something, but surely the default setting should be no props unless you select a particular behaviour/action that includes that prop?

I have the same problem and, honestly, it’s making me look for other options to animate my characters! When my animations are complete, I export them to UE and I can’t tell you how many times I’ve accidentally imported the accessories, then have to go back, delete them, re-save the FBX and do it all over again. Extremely frustrating!

1 Like