Manual Hair Shader Setup for Maya

The auto setup is full of bugs and clunky.
I can manually setup the skin textures. Don’t need the wrinkle maps.

I’m more concerned with the hair cards.
Auto setup uses phong.
If I had to re create the material graph like Auto setup, what do I have to do, and how would it look like?
I want to know where to add the root map file, the blend maps, flow maps and etc etc.

A screens shot of hair card material in hypershade will also help.

PEASE HELP!
Thank you

Hi…

Thank you for the feedback. I would advice reporting your issues in the Feedback Tracker. The tracker is monitored directly by the dev teams so this is the best way to get issues looked at.

Please provide details of the problems you are having with the Auto Setup and they will be looked into . Thanks.

Just give me the material graph. The auto setup is way too bad

Hi, the hair graph is there. It’s connected to the Arnold surface shader. You can find it by showing the input connection for the SG node.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply. But I don’t understand anything.
Nevermind

Would it be possible to send me a Maya save file of a basic Aaron export?
I can work my way from there

Aaron scene
See if this one works for you.

1 Like

Thank you so much Bruv. That works. Love you Man. God bless you

1 Like