Is there or will there be Redshift support for 3ds Max Auto Importer?

Does the 3ds Max Auto Importer already support Redshift or will it in the near future?

I noticed there’s a Redshift.pyc file in "\CC_Auto_Setup\lib\render" along with the other currently supported renderers, but the importer UI says Redshift is not supported.

1 Like

Yes please - support Redshift for 3ds Max

I found it actually does “work” even though it’s not officially supported. If you choose redshift as your renderer in the auto importer and import after selecting your fbx, you will get the error message that it’s not supported and that it’s defaulting to arnold materials, but it actually does create useable redshift materials.

The Look Dev functionality doesn’t work with redshift, but MOST everything else seems to function (Material, Face Rig, Dynamic Wrinkles, Body Rig). I do have to make some manual adjustments to the materials in the slate material editor sometimes and always with the head/body normals scale.

I’ve been using CC/iClone with 3ds Max and CC Auto Importer for months now successfully along with a few manual adjustments as I described.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice - It would still be great to get proper Reshift conversion support with the Max 24/25/26 Auto Import plugin please!