iclone vs cc?

Could be, I don’t know because I don’t subscribe to Accupose. Both are nearly the same price and Cascadeur can do much more than Accupose and after a year you can keep your license perpetually.

Interestingly I got cascaduer 2 years ago
(version 2023.3), when the free version still had full FBX import/export with a 300 from export limit and rigs with 120 joints at maximum

I only recently got around to truly testing how it might fit my pipeline.

The default UE4 Manny (from cascadeur)
has less than 120 joints and already has a built-in profile in my old 3DXchange 7 pipeline thus he is auto recognized upon import.

Thus any cool auto physics animation I make in cascadeur can go straight to Iclone via 3DX.
and right back out to Blender or Maya or C4D via CC3 fbx export.

So at this point I would say that any completely hand keyed animation I choose to make (even in Blender or Maya) will be filtered through cascaduer to add natural looking secondary motion and imported back to Blender or Maya
for rendering
probably 90 percent of all canned Iclone mocap or Mixamo etc will be also.

The software is that incredible!!. :hushed:

No offense to Reallusion, but IMHO “accupose
(at any price point) does not even compare to the abilities of my two year old version of Cascadeur ,to say nothing of their latest pro tier version with ragdoll simulation etc.

Now TBH I am not going to upgrade to the latest Pro tier version to get ragdoll because already I have two old ,but powerful ragdoll solutions that import to Iclone (via my old 3DX pipeline )

Those being:
Poser12 physics

And the Mighty Endorphin

At any rate here is a good, quick(4 minute)
video overview on cascadeur to compare to what is being showcased in Accupose

2 Likes

Update: I gave in to temptation, and got the latest pro version of Cascadeur 2025!! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes