How to Remove Only Wrist Animation and Clean Root Motion from Mocap in iClone?

Hi everyone,

Thanks for reading. I’ve been trying to clean up a mocap animation in iClone and I’ve hit a few walls. I’d love your help.

The problems:

  • I want to delete or zero out ONLY the wrist animation from a mocap clip — without affecting the rest of the arm (upper arm, elbow, shoulder).
  • I also want to remove the root motion (the global movement baked into the mocap) so the character stays in place or follows a different path.

What’s not working:

  • Using Remove Motion only lets me choose whole limbs like “Right Arm” or “Left Arm”, which removes everything — wrist included.

  • I couldn’t find a way to target just the wrist bones.

  • I’ve tried Edit Motion Layer and Curve Editor, but without a clear process, I keep affecting the rest of the animation.

What I’m hoping to learn:

  • Is there a reliable way to remove wrist motion only?
  • How can I delete or disable root motion in a clip without messing up the pose or animation?
  • What are the best practices to clean mocap in iClone without rebuilding everything manually?

Any workflows, video tutorials, or step-by-step examples would help a lot. I’m trying to stay efficient while editing mocap, but these two issues are slowing me down big time.

By the way, sorry if the text sounds a bit robotic, I’m not a native speaker, so I used gpt chat to translate my problem.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Sampling your clip and diving into Curve Editor was the right solution.
Not sure if specific training exists, but you may search here: https://courses.reallusion.com/

Made a real quick one to remove hands/fingers motion and root motion for in-place.

3 Likes

Thank you!! I’m really glad you showed me this, now it seems a little easier to work on things. And you even recorded a video! It helped me a lot. It really was something simple, I don’t know how I didn’t think of it (I’m still a beginner in many things). You seem quite experienced with the program. I still have a few more questions if you don’t mind. I’d like to post them here in this section later.

I have to say, this really helped me as well. Thanks.