I’ve spent my life in creative fields. Drawing cartoons, animating, and building a full-time business as a content developer for animation. Along the way, I’ve learned a lot about what it takes to make art, tell stories, and even turn creativity into a career.
Now I’d love to share that experience. This isn’t a class or a course. It’s just me wanting to talk with other people who love animation and creativity as much as I do.
So if you’ve ever thought about getting into the animation industry, wondered how to make money from your art, or just want to connect with others who share the same passion, ask me anything. Let’s start a conversation, share ideas, and learn from each other.
Drop your questions and thoughts below. I’d love to hear from you.
Fantastic to see your willing to answer questions and lets go ahead and ask mine “What is your personal Top 5 animations that use Reallusion software as the primary tool ?”
Thats a great question. My top five would be the works of Christopher Meyer-White (his owl, squirrel and turtle animation is tv broadcast quality). Then the work of Amer Hamdy who manages to give more depth and perspective to his 2D scenes that youd think was even possible. I would also include the work of Anita Bell whos positivity towards using CTA as a teaching tool is inspiring, and she has had great success in the education/teaching field using CTA to produce a number of published works. For sheer audience numbers, the success of 442oons cartoon style football comedy Youtube clips can not be discounted. 442oons has 2.79 million subscribers on YouTube and their videos have accumulated a total of 1.8 billion views. And to round out the group I would also include the animated Thai podcast series by Lucky Planet who have reached 1.41 million total video views. Their work is absolutely some of my favourite.
I’m currently working on my own 2D animated series with Cartoon Animator 5 and I’m struggling with the character rigging process.
I already have my own character designs and have tried separating a character into different body parts and adding bones. I managed to create some basic movements, but I’m not sure if this is the right approach for creating characters that can be used regularly in a full animated series.
My goal is to create my own characters and animate them naturally in different scenes.
Since you have a lot of experience with Cartoon Animator, what workflow would you recommend for creating and rigging my own characters for this purpose?
If you know of a tutorial, course or other resource that demonstrates the process step by step, I would really appreciate your recommendation.