Thanks for taking time to leave a reply.
One of the motivators for me purchasing extended licenses over the standard license was the usage restrictions regarding content being used across multiple characters.
For example, using character morphs to modify and generate multiple characters in a collection for use in film-making projects and games.
I often concept in CC4 and then move back and forth to apps such as zBrush,Blender,Painter & Marvellous to finish characters before integrating them into Unreal or Blender for final renders or playable experiences.
I had concerns around reusing morphs and content across multiple characters in the context of video game characters specifically. One of the restrictions related to the use of content in character-creators in the context of videogames.
It appears that usage of CC assets in the context of character creators is still only permissible under an enterprise license. Which for lots of indie developers and small teams is still likely to be cost prohibitive and not competitive with other solutions.
As suggested here, EULA Query
I agree that some of the sales and bundle deals were enticing and would strongly suggest people purchase content at the price point that makes sense for them.
You offer great advice about being patient and waiting for the best deals.
Overall, I do think the move to a more permissible license as the new standard is a good direction to be heading.
I am a small, independent digital artist that uses CC4 when concepting, storyboarding, & prototyping.
Personally, I am waiting for CC5 to drop before reassessing whether or not It’s worth integrating fully into my next Unreal-led project.
I am optimistic about some of the new changes but with Metahumans closing the gap I often wonder if investing more time and money into the Realallusion suite is a false economy.
I am hopeful that the new license terms and metahuman support will make it easier to fully integrate CC5 characters into Unreal projects without some of the headaches that currently accompany that workflow.
Thanks again for sharing your view!